I fell in love with Acai bowls when I was living in Hawaii – we used to get them from this little Brazilian bus every Saturday. Since then, five years have gone by and I still have always wanted to recreate some of my favorite bowls from the island. Today I finally went for it! You guys are going to love it, they’re seriously so bomb and SO easy to make.
For 2 large Acai bowls you’ll need:
-A high powered blender (we use Vitamix)
-2 Acai frozen packets (look for them in health food stores or even at Costco! We love Sambazon or TJoes brands)
-A handful of frozen strawberries & blueberries
-1 banana for creaminess
-A splash of coconut or almond milk (to help soften the blending process)
GO CRAZY and add whatever your little belly desires.
(We used fresh strawberries, bananas, mango, honey, raw granola, healthy peanut butter from PB Fit, shia seeds, unsweetened shredded coconut, and sliced almonds! – But, you could do any fruit, any seeds or nuts, any nut butter, cacao nibs, agave, even bee pollen – which did you know is richer in protein than ANY animal source! Crazy!)
- Run 2 packets of Acai Puree under warm water for a few seconds to slightly thaw and then squeeze them into blender
- Add a handful of frozen strawberries and a large handful of frozen blueberries
- Add 1 banana either raw or frozen
- Using blender tamper/pusher tool to pack down fruit and alternate between blending and smooshing with the tool so your blender doesn’t explode with over exertion
- If you need to, add a splash of coconut or almond milk to soften the blending process, but don’t use too much liquid or else the consistency will be too runny
- Go for a really thick smoothie consistency
- Spoon into bowls and add your fave toppings!
Don’t be a rudey cat, share your bowl creation with a friend!
Hope you try this super easy recipe and want to make it for every meal like I do! Let me know what you guys think!