Alright, renovation time. Here is what we have dreamed up:
I sketched this during my invertebrate paleontology lab. Aint nobody got time for spineless creatures that died millions of years ago! I have an RV to remodel!
Kind of what we are envisioning for the outside is a lighter brown or beige all over… get rid of the nasty blue and green lines and paint it all a with a nice matte finish. THEN, I have already made this sweet Native American pattern on Adobe Illustrator and can print it out long ways on the geology computer lab printers for pretty cheap. Then all we would have to do is tape it up and hit it with the spray gun. We were thinking a nice rust color to compliment the beige. In theory, it should work well! We shall see.
I am most excited about the rack system. We want to have two bullet boxes on top in the back, with a row in the middle. We will have them both open in the middle for easy room access. Then on the front I will hook us up with solar. I have read a lot about this in different forums, BUT, I still have a ton to learn. That will be a tricky part for sure. As far as a bike rack goes, I still am undecided. I think it would look sweet to have them on the roof… it would be good to keep them locked and all the way up there – the height just one more obstacle for potential thieves. BUT, I think it would be more practical (not to mention, probably gas efficient) to have them hanging on the back somehow. There is still some dreaming up to do there. I already have crossbars, towers, and two bike racks from the RAV. And Madison has cross bars and towers on her car currently. So all we have to do is figure out how to connect the towers on the roof and we are golden.
Here is a layout of the interior. As Doc would say, “Please excuse the crudity of this model. I didn’t have time to build it to scale or paint it.” It is for sure not to scale, but hopefully you guys can get the idea of what is going on inside.
So we decided that we want the inside to have, and only kind of “cabiny” feel, but more like a southwestern ranch house kind of feel. You know, something pretty artsy-fartsy… full of Pinterest ideas and a few of our own.
Here is the list of ideas so far (and again – send us some of yours!):
- Take out the nasty-nast wall paper
- Whitewash! Get a nice clean white background for everything
- Re-upholster the couches in a rust, saddle blanket material
- Rip out the blue carpet
- Put in old barn wood as the flooring
- Panel the walls in the bathroom and around the bed in old barn wood
- Redo the table and counters in a dull sheet metal
- Build all new cabinet faces (again, with the barn wood)
- Remove all cheapie plastic guys from the 80’s
- replace the lights with little jam jars
- re-do the kitchen with nice paper towel holder and other gadgets
- find a cool old clock with no gnarly blue plastic
- Build a little flower box (or find a cool metal box or pot) in which we could plant a few succulents
- Hang a nice dream catcher from the rearview mirror
Thats about it! We for sure have a large job on our hands! Good thing we have a while to do it! I am excited to see what happens as we get to really start on all of these things! Giddy up!